Embellish® Dissolvable Tearaway is a light tearaway stabilizer made using a unique “Non-Woven” technique. It is made with a combination of 50% soft tearaway fibers and 50% water-soluble fibers, making it very easy to remove from embroidery and machine decorative stitches. For embroidery, use with light to medium, open airy designs on fabrics such as: cotton, linen, batiste, kitchen flour sack towels, rayon, and silk. It is also available in a fusible and sticky version. Embellish® Dissolvable Tearaway is recommended to be used as a “floater” under the hoop, when used in conjunction with Embellish® Fusible Dissolvable Tearaway, that has been ironed to the back of the woven fabric. If the material cannot be ironed or is too small to be hooped, then we recommend using Embellish® Sticky Tearaway as it’s made from the same 50/50 base.
Using Embellish® Dissolvable Tearaway as a “floater” adds additional support to the design and fabric, when using a design that has more than 10,000 stitches in a 4”x 4” hoop. When laundered, the water soluble fibers dissolve leaving behind a very soft embroidery.
Made in America. Constructed of 50% soft tearaway fibers and 50% water-soluble fibers. 1.8 oz.
Holds up to 10,000 embroidery stitches in a 4”x4” hoop.
- Cut a “floater” piece at least one inch larger than the outer perimeter of the embroidery design to ensure proper stabilization.
- Hoop the material along with the fused Embellish® Fusible Dissolvable Tearaway, making sure the material and stabilizer are taut.
- If the design has more than 10,000 stitches in a 4”x 4” hoop, “float” a piece of non-fusible Embellish® Dissolvable Tearaway under the hoop for added support.
- Add an embroidery topper on top of the hoop (either Embellish® Rinse-Away Clear Topper or Embellish® Iron-Away Clear Topper).
- Embroider the design.
- Remove the material from the hoop. Remove the topper, following the topper product sheet, found in this workbook.
- Hold your fingers over the bobbin thread and tear away as much of the stabilizer as possible, starting with the “floater.”
- If the iron temperature was too hot during the fusing process of the Embellish® Fusible Dissolvable Tearaway, it might be necessary to re-heat the stabilizer, using a Silk Setting for it to release from the material.
- *Optional Method for Delicate Embroidery or Stitching - Wet around the edge of the design using a Q-Tip, sponge, foam paint brush or envelope sealer. Wait about 5 seconds to allow the water to activate the water-soluble portion of the stabilizer. Or, lay a damp cloth on the back side until fibers start to dissolve. This method is perfect for a project that you are not going to launder.
Laundering and Care:
Launder and dry the item according to the fabric material fiber content. Stabilizer remnants will continue to wash out in the laundry with a mild detergent and agitation.