Octi-Hoops Free-Motion Embroidery & Quilting From Creative Feet
Features & Specifications
If you've done Free-Form / Free-Motion Embroidery before, you know that your hands become sore, not with the Octi-Hoops! Your hands won't hurt, your eyes won't burn and you'll feel as though you've taken a vacation, because it releases endorphins that will make you want to stay at your machine for days!
Click on the images to see the complete kit and be sure to watch the videos listed in the Videos section on this page. You will be pleased to see just how easy the art of Free Motion Embroidery and Free-Motion Quilting and Stippling can be.
Includes: 3 Octi-Hoop Frames, Frame Handles, 3 Stabilizer Samples, Instructions, Patterns for Embroidery and Quilting and Instructional DVD that works in your TV DVD Player and Computer DVD player. ((This kit cannot be purchased in any other format. The science used for this product requires all 3 frames and therefore the frames will not be sold separately.))
Free Motion = Embroidery or Quilting without the use of the feed dogs. The sewing machine foot in this case is removed and we do not add another foot to hold the fabric. The free-motion presser foot is in the way as we quilt or embroider so removing it completely makes it much easier to see where you're going.
Using the Octi-Hoops makes it easier to do any Free-Motion technique such as, Embroidery, stippling, quilting, darning, cutwork and more...
Included in the Kit: 3 Octi-Hoop Frames
Patterns & Instructions
QUILTING with the OCTI-HOOPS It is amazing how easily the hoops working together make quilting and stippling. The procedure for quilting with the Octi-Hoops is:
1) Lay your Quilt Sandwich beneath the sewing machine needle where you want to begin quilting.
2) Slide one of the 2 larger frames under the quilt (the bottom layer of the quilt is now lifted (floating) over the machine's feed dogs and throat plate area. You will NEVER have puckers on the back ag
If you can't drop your machine's feed dogs you can still use these hoops, simply set your stitch length on 0 and you will be shocked that they don't cause any problems
3) Place the next frame down (in size) on top and inside the bottom frame (( NOTE THERE IS NO STABILIZER ON THE QUILT)) and that is all that is needed to hold the quilt in place.
4) Remove your machine's foot and snap on assembly. REMOVE THE FOOT! NO FOOT IS USED! NO FOOT=NO PUCKERS ON TOP OF QULT. :) again, NEVER!!!
5) Pick up one of the 2 green handles that came with your kit and pretend to write your name with it. Use left or right hand. You will move the quilt using this small handle and write on the quilt with the needle... but your mind will think you're writing
6) Place one of the 2 handles in any one of the 8 holes located on top of the smaller frame and after pulling the bobbin thread up through the quilt and stitching to tie a knot - cut your thread tails and begin sewing! Steering using the handle.. and talk to yourself, tell yourself you're writing on a piece of paper not quilting... your mind will release at some point and quilting will become nothing more than doodling on a piece of paper.
Each of the frames has been engineered in an octagon shape and on each of the eight sides is a hole designed for our handles to drop into. These handles feel like a crayon in your hands and allow you to move the frames by writing as you do on a piece of paper.
The handles drop in easily to each hole and come out just as easily, so you never risk lifting the frame as you embroider, which causes stitching issues and needle breakage with traditional embroidery hoops.
Sewforless.com is not responsible for typographical errors or omissions relating to pricing, copy, photography or application. In the event of a pricing error Sewforless.com will contact you via email, phone or fax with the correct pricing information.